4. Identify and Qualify the Goal
Depending upon your particular business, your inquiries may not have an immediate understanding of their need for your product or services. Each contact an inquiry has with your business should help them overcome any barriers and clearly demonstrate why your product or service is their solution and is better than what may be offered by a competitor.
It is important to recognize and understand the goal of each sales touch:
• Is it to close the sale immediately?
• Is it to set the next appointment?
• Is it to build the relationship for future contacts?
Read part two: Click Here
1. Speed Wins
The longer a lead sits, the colder it becomes, which means the speed of your response is key. Automated email responses and voice messages are great tools that allow you to instantly acknowledge an inquiry’s interest and provide them with the information they requested.
What is effective response time to inquiries?
• Phone — calls should be placed within minutes of receiving a lead, and no later than 24 hours
• Email — automatic email responders should be sent within minutes of receiving a lead